High School Program Overview
Tri-Valley High School Hockey 2012-2013
TVMHA is excited to announce the fourth season of Blue Devil high school hockey. For the 2012-2013 high school season, TVMHA will have three programs:
- Junior Varsity (JV)
- Varsity (mixed team- players from several schools)
- Pure Schools (all players attend same high school)
Junior Varsity (JV)
- JV league will be divided into A, B, and C skill levels. Tri-Valley plans to have one team at each skill level, depending on the number of players in the TVMHA JV program.
- Players will be placed on a team based on hockey skills demonstrated during evaluations. This is not a tryout; your player will make a team so long as there are enough players to fill a roster.
JV skill evaluation sessions will be held:
-Saturday August 11th 2012 and Saturday August 18th 2012 at Dublin Iceland from 7:45 to 9:15pm
-Evaluation fee is $75.00
-Players may attend one or both sessions
- JV season is from September to March with 12 games and 23 practices plus playoffs. There will be one practice and one game per week. Games are generally on the weekends.
- Games will be played in San Jose, Fremont, or Oakland.
- Practices will be in Fremont.
- League fee is $850 and will cover all practices, games, refs, and uniforms (home and away).
- JV teams will have one fundraiser; the teams will attend a Sharks game in late March and sell tickets. Tickets run $55 each. With the purchase of a ticket, your player will attend Sharks game and then play a game on the Shark’s ice afterwards. Additional tickets will be available for sale to family and friends. This was a highlight of the past two JV seasons.
For more information about JV hockey, please contact Joey Miller at email@example.com
Pure Teams (all players from same high school)
Important Note: most players in this program are also rostered with other hockey teams and/or clubs (example- players also play for the TVMHA travel teams, TVMHA Junior Varsity, etc.)
2012-2013 Season for Pure High School Teams
- Teams for the Pure School league must be comprised of players from the same high school (10 players + 1 goalie minimum)
-This season, Tri-Valley expects to be able to support Pure Teams from: Danville (San Ramon Valley), Dublin, San Ramon (Cal High), Foothill, Alamo (Monte Vista), Amador Valley, Livermore/Granada, Athenian, De La Salle, and Dougherty Valley high schools.
-Additional schools may participate if there is enough interest
- The season will be a 10 game TOURNAMENT STYLE to prepare for the state championships.
-First series of games will be in Vacaville in a jamboree style event in late October or early November
-Second series will be the Winter Classic tournament in San Jose in December
-In addition to these two tournaments, each team will have a few feature games at Dublin Iceland; game schedule to be announced.
- Each pure team will have one featured game at Dublin Ice.
- League fee is $375.00. Season will run from September to February
- This league is endorsed by TVMHA, CAHA, and USA Hockey. Note that at this time this league is not sanctioned by the school districts.
- Schedule will be built to accommodate travel/tier hockey so travel players have the opportunity to participate in this league
- For the Pure High School Hockey league, California is sending the team that wins the state championship to the National High School Championships
- Nationals are in February 2013
If your player is interested in playing in this Pure School league, please send a message to the contact person for that high school:
Lastly we encourage all High School players to start a hockey club at his/her school. This is a great way to get a pure team started for your school. To help build the club Tri-Valley will give your club t-shirts to increase interest. All you need is 12 students and a teacher to sponsor your club. The club is meant for both players (ice and inline), and fans of the sport.